Dental Porcelain Veneers
Made of either porcelain or composite resin, veneers are a custom crafted, very thin facing that is sealed permanently to the front of your teeth to enhance their cosmetic appeal.
Veneers are a popular treatment option for patients whose teeth are chipped, small, discoloured or have gaps between them.
In the majority of cases veneers are only applied to the teeth which become visible upon smiling. In the case of porcelain veneers the treatment process is meticulous and conducted over a few sessions.
Commonly Asked Questions
While they’re common, headaches are not normal.
Waking with a headache or neck ache is often very diagnostic of the fact that you’ve been clenching or grinding at night. Clenching and grinding can also be a sign of sleep disordered breathing.
One’s bed partner can often hear grinding of teeth in the night.
A dental splint is an oral appliance that is worn while you sleep. A dental splint is also known as a dental orthotic, occlusal splint, dental appliance, night guard, bite plate or mouthguard. These broadly refer to the same device.
There are a number of types of splints that are customised based on your specific circumstances. Each of these appliances, are custom fitted to your mouth. It does not impinge on your tongue. You can open and close your mouth normally as these splints do not lock or fix your jaws together. The appliances should be comfortable and generally take a few nights to get used to.
If you’re teeth grinding or clenching, or wake up with jaw pain headaches or neck aches, an occlusal splint may be a good treatment option.
- Entirely eliminate or significantly reduce chronic tension headaches, neck aches or jaw pain
- Balance, support and relieve tension in the jaw joints, cranial bones and muscles of the head & neck
- Open bite up to create more space for your tongue (increase tongue volume) – this improves airway and breathing throughout sleep
- Improve energy flow throughout the body, especially helpful during sleep to improve airway & breathing and facilitate a refreshing night’s sleep
- Protect the teeth from the damaging effects of clenching and grinding
- Improve your energy and general health
Schedule Your Next Appointment or Send Us An Enquiry